One of my favorite healthy snacks is roasted chick peas! And, I especially love to make them spicy!
Here’s the recipe I typically use ~
- 2 cups Chickpeas
Baking & Spices
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
Oils & Vinegars
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
Nuts & Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Using a kitchen towel or paper towel, pat dry the chickpeas until they are completely dry.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and put the chickpeas on it.
- Roast them in oven for 15 minutes.
- Take them from the oven, but don’t leave the oven open.
- Drizzle olive oil on the chickpeas and mix them around with your hands so that they are all evenly coated.
- Sprinkle salt, chili and cumin and repeat the same step. Make sure they are all evenly coated with these spices.
- Place back in the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
- They are the best when they are still warm, but you can servet hem cold too.
I also love to make them with just EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), sriracha and a little salt. YUMMO!
I do make sure they are roasted to well done and if I don’t eat them all I store them in a ziplock that I puncture holes into for air so they stay crispy 🙂