Here’s another one of my favorite things to eat! So GOOD! Healthy fats! And, sooooo easy!
I love following PopSugar!! Highly recommend for recipe ideas, fitness related things and lots of motivational things! You can click the image above for the Pin!
For a one-two punch of omega-3s in your breakfast, try baking eggs in an avocado. Beyond the heart-healthy fatty acids and high protein…
Vegetarian, Gluten free, Paleo
- 2 Avocados, ripe
- 1 tbsp Chives
- 4 Eggs, fresh
Baking & Spices
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. (I only make one so I typically use my toaster oven!)
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice. Enjoy!
I also LOVE to put Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic and Onion Onion on there and sometimes I top it with sriracha and/or cilantro! YUMMO!